- Each team must consist of a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 7 players, 21 years of age or older. At least 2 females must bowl each game. You may bowl with 1 female and 2 males (total of 3 players) to avoid a forfeit, but only the 3 scores will count for your team total.
- The following equipment is provided: Bowling Shoes & Bowling Balls
- Teams will play 3 games each week. The average time per game is 50 minutes.
- Standard bowling rules apply, in addition to the bullet points below.
- The 5th bowler position may be a rotation of different bowlers, but is not required. The first 4 bowler’s that are bowling that particular game, may NOT participate in the rotating 5th bowler position.
- There is no particular bowling order requirement for the rotating 5th bowler position.
- Bowlers must bowl a complete frame when bowling in the rotating 5th bowler position.
- Teams may bowl with a minimum of 3 bowlers (at least 1 female), if short bowlers to avoid a forfeit.
- Only the top 4 combined scores per game may be counted for a team’s total score. At least 2 female bowler scores must be counted if bowling with 5 bowlers.
- The top 4 accumulative scores from each game will be counted. If a team is bowling with 5 bowlers, at least 2 female bowlers scores must be counted.
- Teams will bowl best of 3 games. All 3 games will be played and recorded for ranking purposes.
- If a team does not have at least 3 bowlers, 2 guys and 1 girl, the game will be a forfeit
- If a team does not have enough bowlers to start the game 20 minutes before game time, it will be an automatic forfeit.
- Teams that forfeit 2 weeks in one season are eligible to be removed from the league with no refund.
- Teams that forfeit 3 weeks will automatically be removed from the league with no refund. Teams are encouraged to contact the FXA office to inform them 24 hours in advance about forfeiting.
TIEBREAKERS – REGULAR SEASON & PLAYOFFS
- Wins / Losses
- Head to head results
- Game Differential
PLAYER WAIVER & RELEASE FORM
- Every player must complete the Player Registration Form prior to the first scheduled game of the season. Any team that has not submitted all of their player waivers by that time will have its scheduled games declared a “forfeit” until all waiver forms are received. If a player fails to submit their online player waiver & release waiver form, all liability and legal issues will be the responsibility of the team captain. Fairfax Athletics will not be responsible for players that do not submit an online player waiver & release form.
- Players may be listed only on one team’s roster per season throughout that league night. For a player to be considered “playoff eligible” (eligible to participate in the playoffs), he/she must be listed on a team’s roster and must have played in a minimum of two regular season games for that particular team.
FXA CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Understand, appreciate and abide by the rules of the game.
2. Respect the integrity and judgment of game officials and FXA staff.
3. Respect your opponent and congratulate them in a courteous manner following each match whether in victory or defeat.
4. Be responsible for your actions and maintain self-control.
5. Do not taunt or bait opponents and refrain from using foul or abusive language.
FXA reserves the right to suspend any player at any time for unsportsmanlike conduct, violation of any rules, for failure to pay appropriate dues or for being disruptive, without any refund. Any team wishing to suspend any member for just reasons, must do so on their own, and provide FXA a written reason as to why. Again, no refunds will be issued. At the discretion of FXA, any member suspended may not be allowed in the future to participate in any further FXA events.